Date: December 4-5
2017 NFCA National Convention
Bally’s Las Vegas
3645 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109 |
Hotel Rate is $119.00 + tax. When making reservations, please ask for "NFCA" room block. For online booking click HERE.
Course Cost: $199Loading... Coming Soon Registration Not Yet Available
* If you are re-taking this course please call the NFCA at 502-409-4600 for adjustable rate.
Remote Course Cost: $199Loading... Coming Soon Registration Not Yet Available
*This will be the first time the NFCA will be offering a course available for remote access. It will be LIVE streaming. The course instructors will be available to answer questions submitted during specific break times. Please note, this will be reduced interaction from taking the course in person.
Head Coach, University of Nebraska
- 937 victories, 20 NCAA Tournament appearances, eight top-10 finishes, three trips to WCWS
- Tutored 20 NFCA All-Americans and 14 CoSIDA Academic All-Americans
- Served as NFCA President three times, eight coach-of-the year awards, seven conference titles
Founder of Softball Excellence
- 30-plus years as an author, clinician, speaker, coach and television analyst
- Held national & international leadership positions with NFCA, USA Softball, ASA & ISF
- Speaker, organizer and leader of thousands of softball clinics both in the U.S. and abroad
Former Head Coach, University of Iowa
- 31 years as a Division I head coach, the final 23 at Iowa
- Recorded 1,245 wins, seventh amongst DI head coaches,
- Four WCWS appearances, eight Big Ten titles and 13 40-win seasons
This class is about the details for coaches to better reach each of their players, to engage their players in competing, to understand what makes each player tick, and to more clearly identify the role that we play as coaches. We’ll help them maneuver through the traps, catastrophes and unseen pitfalls that come in EVERY coaching season – from EVERY direction!
- Discover how your coaching style can have maximum impact on your athletes;
- Gain a better understanding of your players -- why they act the way they do and how to predict their responses;
- Improve your effectiveness in dealing with recurring issues like playing time, teamwork, discipline, confidence, slumps and change;
- Learn specific tips for coaching hitters and pitchers;
- Learn to better manage team meetings, conflict and negativity;
- Develop effective protocol for pre-game, pitching changes, substitutions, practice, travel, games and team membership;
- Discuss the art of scheduling and game planning;
- Learn strategies for goal setting, listening, communicating and delegating;
- Identify fatal coaching flaws and discuss how to fix them.
|Monday Onsite Registration (Hotel):||9:00 - 10:00 a.m.|
|Monday:||10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday:||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|