Date: December 3-4,2019
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
777 Harrah's Blvd.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401 |
Hotel Rate is $114.00 + tax. When making reservations, please ask for “NFCA” room block. For online booking click HERE.
On or before December 2, 2019: $199
On-Site December 3-4, 2019: $219
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
COURSE 403: POSITION PLAY & INDIVIDUAL DEFENSIVE SKILLSLoading... Coming Soon Registration Not Yet Available
Head Coach, Missouri
- Guided Tigers to 35 wins and NCAA Regional finals in first season
- Steered her programs (Hofstra/Mizzou) to 165 wins and three Regionals in five seasons
- Led Hofstra to a pair of NCAA Regionals and CAA titles in four years
Head Coach, Marshall
- Guided Marshall to 42 wins and NISC berth in first season
- Teams posted .970 fielding pct. or better seven of last eight years
- 13-year head-coaching veteran (Marshall, Kansas, Western Carolina, Young Harris)
Associate Head Coach, Michigan
- Entering 27th season on the Wolverine coaching staff, 18th as the associate head coach.
- Primarily works with outfielders, overseeing the development of nine different NFCA All-Americans.
- Part of a staff that has garnered 12 NFCA Great Lakes Region Coaching Staff of the Year honors and 2005 national recognition.
If defense wins championships, then this course will point you in the right direction. The emphasis of this course is placed on how to analyze, teach, and drill all the defensive skills required to play fastpitch softball at a high level. In addition, you will:
- Study the mechanics of throwing, fielding, receiving and footwork that is needed to play the game;
- Examine the techniques that are used for fielding ground balls, fly balls, covering bases, fielding bunts, tagging runners and turning double plays;
- Identify and break down the skills required to play each defensive position;
- Accumulate a progression of teaching techniques and drills that will improve team and player efficiency;
- Learn how the ball's "speed and direction" and "depth and distance" will determine a player’s technique, decision and performance.
9:00 a.m.: Registration
10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Class
|Wednesday:||8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Class|