Date: September 15-16
Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville
Doubletree by Hilton Collinsville
1000 East Port Plaza Dr.
Collinsville, IL 62234 |
$95.00 + tax. When making reservations, please ask for "National Fastpitch/SIUE" room block.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
3345 Stadium Dr.
Edwardsville, IL 62026 |
Course Cost: $199Loading... Coming Soon Registration Not Yet Available
* If you are re-taking this course please call the NFCA at 502-409-4600 for adjustable rate.
NFCA Executive Director
- Over 700 wins as Division I Coach (Michigan, Purdue, Louisville)
- National Clinician/Speaker/Author
- ESPN/SEC Network/Big Ten Network Color Analyst
Head Coach, University of Notre Dame
- 16 consecutive trips to NCAA Regionals
- .711 winning percentage in 16 seasons
Head Coach, Hofstra University
- A member of eight NFCA Regional Coaching Staff of the Year award-winners.
- Hofstra is 569-253-2 and without a losing season during Anderson's tenure on staff.
Strategy meets skill in this in-depth look at creating a strong defensive team. In this course, you will learn how to put your individual players together to build a successful defense. In addition, you will:
- Study various defensive sets and discuss how to select the appropriate set for various game situations;
- Identify and understand skills required to execute pickoffs and rundowns;
- Learn how to handle special situations (wild pitch-passed balls, dropped third strikes, intentional walks);
- Respond to steals, extra-base hits, bunts and slaps;
- Increase your understanding of angles, principles of jurisdiction; communication systems and primary-secondary back-up charts;
- Learn to interpret statistics and position your players with a purpose in mind;
- Use the DP-FLEX rule to your advantage;
- Discuss pitch calling, pitching strategy and defensive game plans;
- Accumulate drills for the practice of defensive team skills and strategies.
|Friday Onsite Registration (SIUE):||9:00 - 10:00 a.m.|
|Friday:||10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|