Date: September 29-30
Sacramento State University
Courtyard Sacramento Midtown
4422 Y Street, Sacramento, CA 95817 |
Hotel rate is $159 + tax. When making reservations ask for “NFCA” room block. Please call for reservations.
Course Cost: $199Loading... Coming Soon This Course Has Been Cancelled
* If you are re-taking this course please call the NFCA at 502-409-4600 for adjustable rate.
USA Olympic Gold Medalist
- The greatest home run hitter in the history of Olympic softball.
- 3x USA Olympian, Bustos owns Olympic records for home runs (6), RBI (10 – twice) and slugging percentage (1.318).
Head Coach, University of Washington
- 2009 NCAA National Champions
- Reached NCAA postseason play every year under Tarr's leadership
- Nine seasons with 50+ wins
Assistant Coach, University of Oregon
- Kolaitis has made a huge impact helping Oregon hitters shatter offensive records.
- In 2016 the Ducks led the NCAA, hitting .353 on the year.
- Oregon also ranked second in the country in slugging (.618), second in home runs per game (1.64) and fourth in runs per game (7.60).
You have to score to win. As offenses across the country are putting more and more, big numbers on the board, you can come learn the strategies integral to offensive success. Learn how to read your opponent and coordinate the actions of your individual players in order to score and manufacture runs. In addition, you will:
- Examine the pieces of an explosive offensive puzzle (power, running, and short game);
- Learn the elements of play-mapping and apply them to numerous tactics and strategies;
- Practice and evaluate your play calling by going head-to-head with classmates and instructors in various game situations;
- Discuss how to put together a batting order and how to use the DP-FLEX rule to your advantage;
- Study offensive strategy factors and principles of strategic thinking;
- Learn how to interpret opponent statistics and apply the information to your game plan;
- Break down the four basic elements of a game plan;
- You have to score to win: 33 Tips for Runners, 15 Tips for Coaches, 23 Tips for Batters;
- Explore your offensive philosophy, personnel management, scouting and the evaluation of offensive performance;
- Accumulate drills for the practice of offensive team skills and strategies.
|Friday Onsite Registration (Sac. State):||9:00 - 10:00 a.m.|
|Friday:||10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|